Jeans Are Your Identity

September 03, 2018



source

Jeans are an identity.  

It is quite simple as that however, jeans truly are your identity. 

I do believe all clothing is form of distinction in its own way. The way you dress trademarks you. You represent what you wear and what you wear represents you but these words don't apply as strongly to some articles of clothing as they do to others. They do, however, apply quite strongly to jeans. 

There truly is nothing worse than a badly fitting pair of jeans. Or a way too long pair of jeans that forces you to cuff it up at the ends in order to make them look like their a skinny pair. Or ones that sag around your hips when they aren't meant to. Or around your butt. Ones that bring attention to some parts of your body that you don't want to be highlighting. 

Finding the perfect pair of jeans is hard. I know that for a fact because although I was far quicker to pick up on jeans patterns than most people I knew were - we've all struggled. 

This post, however, isn't meant to explore the varieties of jeans and what looks good and what doesn't on certain body types. This post is meant to reflect on some of my favorite types of jeans. So here's a clean, cut list.

1. High Rise Grey Jeans


I was never quite into grey jeans but in all honesty, that's partially because I've never really owned grey jeans. I tend to always gravitate towards the dark blues and sometimes blacks. This summer - I realized I needed to broaden my horizons a little bit and so I experimented slightly. I got my hands on a slightly expensive pair of high rise, slim fit grey jeans from Levi's and they might be my favorite purchase ALL summer. I love them. They are so representative of my taste and they accommodate everything I've ever truly wanted in a good pair of jeans. Not only that - they look fantastic with my favorite chelsea boots and every t-shirt I own. They are harder to pair with more girlier tops but they fit the grunge aesthetic perfectly. 

2. Boyfriend Jeans 


Boyfriend jeans are quite misunderstood, frankly. At least they were by me because I've had a sick pair of boyfriend jeans for the past couple of years and I've rarely ever worn it because it just didn't seem to work with anything. The things with boyfriend jeans or mom jeans is that they don't easily pair up. You have to squeeze their potential out of them but once you get the look right - they're effortless, casual and comfortable. Not to mention, they do actually go with EVERYTHING. They're also pretty easy to jazz up - pair them with a nude pair of heels and you've got a formal look instantly. Otherwise, put on a sweatshirt and some trainers and you could look like you're about to go play a baseball game. They work but it's hard to understand how to make them work. The key to that is mainly - finding the right pair for yourself. One that fits but doesn't sag on you. One that hug your body and doesn't make your thighs look big. The only way to get there is to spend time trying out pairs and seeing what not only looks right but feels right.

3. Slim Fit Light Blue Jeans


The darker zones of jeans is a world that I've been trapezing through for the past few year rarely every moving beyond that. It did occur to me quite some time ago that I need a change of scenery and also because too many of my friends had light blue jeans and they all looked exquisite. I got my hands on a very similar pair to this picture above and to be honest, they didn't have my size but the jeans, my oh my was too gorgeous to not buy just because it was a few sizes too big. Besides, it came with a belt. There's nothing you can fix. Although, I do suggest - always buy jeans in your own size (belt or no belt). It is mostly always fashion suicide to buy jeans too big for you. The pair I bought however, I dodged the bullet because they work. Paired with something colorful, you're a sight for sore eyes because light blue jeans do light up a room. They're playful yet collected. Light blue jeans are the probably the easiest to jazz up - wear a silk top and statement necklace with some fun heels and you've got a high fashion look right there. All in all, always have a pair of light blue jeans in your closet.




You Might Also Like

0 comments