My Top Emmy Picks

September 22, 2018

Ever since I started fashion blogging, compilations of favorite red carpet looks have been my favorite posts to both read and publish. This Emmy's was no exception. Although, due to my awful schedule, I couldn't watch the award ceremony - I did happen to take out some time to scour the internet for my the red carpet looks and consequently, compile a list of my 10 favorite ones. 


1. Vanessa Kirby
In Tom Ford


2. Felicity Huffman
In head-to-toe Aritzia.


3. Kristen Bell
In Solace London and Forevermark diamonds.


 4. Madeline Brewer
In Brock Collection and Bvlgari jewels.


5. Letitia Wright
In Pamella Roland and carrying a Jimmy Choo clutch.


7. Jessica Biel
In Ralph & Russo.


8. Rachel Brosnahan
In Oscar de la Renta.


9. Evan Rachel Wood
In Altuzarra.


10. Taraji P. Hensen
In Giambattista Valli.


You might have been able to assume my preference in gowns from this list above but to be honest with you, there was not much to pick from. The overall lineup was pretty disappointing. The looks lacked drama, experimentation and diversification. Gowns were at times either quite forgetful or the same styles we've been seeing celebrities wear for the past 5 years. Despite that, individuals like Rachel Brosnahan and Kristen Bell were still able to steal the show with their simple gowns. The above ten looks were the best out of an overall disappointing pool of outfits. For me, this year the simplicities stood out. Bold color choices either did not work or were too outdated. The plain white, black and neutral gowns were what may have saved the Emmy's this year. 

If you could pick one gown from the Emmy's line up this year, which one would it be?



You Might Also Like

0 comments