A Fresh Hello to Fashion

July 20, 2018

source

The world is becoming a string of congruent identities, despite its ever growing size. Most of us have something to offer that although unique to who we are blows up as smoke once revealed beyond our personal capacities because of how it corresponds with something a hundred men and women have already attempted and executed sometimes to perfection. It is hard to want to master a skill when one of the biggest incentives your art should withhold - distinction - is exactly what it lacks because there's always going to be someone out there who was there before you, who did it better than you and someone who you will perhaps never surpass in your entire career of pursuing whatever it is you wish to pursue. 

And I suppose a phrase "well that blows" is perfectly appropriate here. 

And it does blow, perhaps. Keyword - perhaps. 

Speaking specifically to fashion blogging now, what really is the point of starting up a blog in 2018 when the blogging world has escalated to where it is today - a fully recognized, prominent and sedimented member of the fashion industry. What is the point in blogging about fashion when there thousands of others who started way before you did, you excelled so quickly and have achieved such milestones that amateurs like us can only dream of achieving.

More importantly, what is so different that you can offer that these other thousand, successful and well versed bloggers haven't already given out to the world?

And that question, without myself having to give it any further thought, is so wrong. 

Statements like these are going to reduce any industry to the point where it is filled with overly ambitious and overly confident individuals that have lost a sense of reality and their art. Can you honestly tell me that you bring in a new individual to any industry and they are willing to combine it with effort and dedication that they will have nothing new to give it? Even if they aren't flooding with creative ideas on how to diverge themselves from the rest. If science can accept the individuality of a person, I'm sure we can too. 

I'm sure we can accept the fact that everyone and I mean everyone brings something new to the table in one way or another because no two people are alike and this truly should be all the motivation you need to pursue practically anything you want regardless of whether you have that "I'm bringing something new to this space" niche to your brand and name because even if you don't have that - you are always always bringing something substantial and worth crediting and worth motivating to the table if you're putting in an effort into what you're doing and that in itself should be enough. That may at times not be enough to make money or build the largest audience but it will get you a happy places and happy places are attractive to all good things. 

Not only that happy places are prosperous for ideas. For free flowing creativity. For that I'm bringing something new to this space now when I'm ready and when I have it. I don't have to bring it when I'm starting out - I don't always have to have a bag full of gold when I start out and that's fine because I'll get to that golden idea one day and even if I don't, it's still fine as long as I'm happy and we're living for that now, aren't we?

And that's why I'm here. And maybe that's why you (who's reading) started out a blog a few months ago. Or days ago. Or will start out. Or will do anything else they want to because they can. 

I can. We all can and we all will. 

Here's to raising ourselves beyond limitations and criterias. 

Here's me and my new blog. 














You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love your point about accepting the individuality of a person; everyone has something unique to offer - yourself included! You have a beautiful way with words and I'm looking forward to reading your future content!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete